Acha Employee Welfare & Employee Relation Policies
In Acha we consider that our employees are the key component of our business. Therefore we continuously strive to improve working conditions for all our employees.
In the now over 10 years of existence of our company this has lead to Acha becoming one of the preferred companies in our industry in Thailand to work for with employee retention rates which are much better than the ones of similar companies. On average our employees stay with us for 4 – 5 years. Our employee welfare conditions can be divided in the following subcategories.
Everyone in Acha is employed and paid according to the law or better
- In our company basic production employees are not paid just the minimum legal salary but roughly 10% - 15% more. This allows us to recruit and keep the most qualified employees on the labor market.
- Overtime for our production employees is of course voluntary and paid at the official overtime time rate. We do not force any of our employees to work unpaid overtime like many other companies in Thailand do. Including overtime ,our basic production employees have the possibility to earn nearly two times the minimum salary allowing them to earn a higher income than what would be possible in most other companies in Thailand.
- Administration and sales employees are paid in accordance with the standard salaries for their profession in Thailand and In addition they receive significant monthly performance bonuses.
- All employees in Acha have permanent employment contracts which means that theyand are signed up to the national social security system which gives them access to health insurance and unemployment benefits.
Unique benefits of working for our company
- In our company we have introduced since 2011 a system called service charge:.The way this works is that every month a fixed percentage of the sales of the company during the previous month is distributed equally between all employees. This means the more our customers buy from us the more our employees will earn. This monthly bonus has proven extremely popular with our employees since it allows them to effectively be rewarded immediately with a higher income when the company is doing well.
- All employees in Acha receive a yearly salary increase which is guaranteed to be at least equal to the inflation of the previous year ensuring that the effective salary our employees receive increases every year.
- Flexible working hours-, Since our office opens every day from 08:00 to 21:20 and the standard working hours in Thailand are 8 hours per day they can adjust their working time so it best fit with the personal life ensuring a good work-life balance.
Everyone in Acha receives constant training and support to develop themselves further
- Since in Thailand there is a great shortage of skilled employees we place a grade emphasis on training and developing our employees which now has lead to a situation that In the production team all supervisors and managers have started their professional career in Acha. Of course this way is not the easiest way since most production employees who start working with us have normally only just finished secondary school with limited or no knowledge of English, computer or any other essential skills required to work in a position of responsibility in an international company.
- In our company one of our main philosophies is that all production employees need to be trained in all the different production departments. Therefore employees are rotated on a constant basis which ensures that they receive a very solid professional education.
- Several of our employees are studying part time at universities to earn a bachelor degree in their desired field receiving full support from their supervisor and being allowed very flexible working time to make this as easy as possible for them.
Nobody in Acha is treated unfairly
- In our company we have very strict regulations in place against mobbing and abuse of authority by superiors and Employees are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior immediately to our HR Manager.
- In Acha regulations apply to all employees equally be it a basic production employee who has worked for just a few month or department head who has been working for the company for years.
- The company has a written company regulation which is reviewed yearly by the most senior employees and given to all employees, These written company regulations are the basis of the relation between employees and the company and the employees with each other.
Everyone in Acha is working in a safe environment
- Considering that most work in the production departments are done in a sitting position we have invested a considerable amount of money to ensure that all employees sit on comfortable chairs which do not lead to backache, In addition all employee work in a friendly work atmosphere with enough space.
- General work place safety is taken very serious in Acha and we constantly monitor that all employees follow the standard working procedures which are designed to minimize as much as possible any possible risk of an accident.
- Even it is not the standard in Thailand we conduct regular fire and evacuation drills to ensure that every single employee is prepared for the worst case.
- In our company all electric appliances are checked regularly by our in house engineer to make sure they are in good working order and grounded so that there is no risk of electrocution when our employees use them.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION POLICIES
For us protecting the environment and reducing the use or resources and waste is important part of our business since our target is to have a company with a minimal ecological impact. To archive these we have implemented the following measures since 2010.
Reduction in electricity consumption
- Even the building our company resides in is over 100 years old and dates back to the late 18th century we have isolated the roof and inner walls with thick layers of insulating material to ensure that the cold provided by the air-conditions is not lost.
- All Electric appliances such as Air-conditions. Production tools and offices appliances are new and have been selecting carefully to choose the most energy efficient brand and model.
- During morning and evening overtime hours production employees will sit all together in just the 2 of our production departments allow us not to use the air-condition and light in the other departments.
- All Lightning in our showroom are LED technology and for production areas we only use energy saving light bulbs.
All of the above measures have resulted in a decrease of electricity consumption by over 30% in the last 4 years. During the next 5 years we will continue to upgrade our equipments being our target a further 20% reduction in 2020
Waste reduction and recycling
- Even it is not at all standard in Thailand our company does separate paper and plastic from other waste. Plastic and Paper are then brought by our self to a recycling facility since there is nopublic system in place for that.
- Considering that it is even better for the environment to reduce the amount of waste produced than recyclying it we try to re use as much materials as possible in house trying to find alternative uses for material such as paper or zip bags. Which in most cases even are not in conditions to be used for customer are still in acceptable condition for internal production use.
- In our company all special waste such as batteries or chemicals are collected separately from normal waste and than disposed correctly.